Thursday, June 22, 2006

Open My Eyes!

So apparently I am not very good at this blog thing...Although as my dear friend Anita knows I only signed up for it so I could post comments on her blog.

But anyway, I thought that I should try to begin. My life really has been a journey lately. Literally as well as spiritually and emotionally. I had the priviledge of doing a bunch of travel for work this past month, something I swore off when I took this new job last fall, and it has been great. It was an amazing reminder to be out on mission sites seeing the lives of youth and adults change, watching staff be stretched and challenged and knowing that God is going to do great things in their lives this summer. It made me miss being a more hands-on part of the action. Out in the field getting dirty working on little sleep and being pushed pulled and prodded on every side. I know that I made the right decision staying at home this summer and working out of the office but I have once again been crying out to the Lord and asking Him to show me why He has me here.

"Open your eyes" is the YouthWorks theme this summer and I have been asking God to do just that for me. I have asked Him to open my eyes to whatever it is that He wants me to see. Right now my eyes are being opened to the fact that I have a God who loves me in spite of everything I am and do, and that I have a God who wants nothing more from me than for me to crawl up into His lap to be loved by him. I marvel that by me falling in love with and taking time to be with God I can be changed and made beautiful. How did I ever deserve such a gift? How am I worthy of a love like this? Why did my Jesus have to and choose to die so that I could be with Him forever...despite the fact that day after day I fall down?

I have no idea how God is going to open my eyes this summer...but I am waiting in anticipation to see that which I know He will do: amaze me, love me, take care of me, wrap His loving arms around me.

"...but the Lord was my support. He brought me out into a spacious place; He rescued me because He delighted in me." Psalm 18:18, 19

Lord, may I be someone who is worthy of your delight!

1 comment:

kate said...

Kari welcome to the blogging world. Thanks for the invite, and for your message the other day. The support I have felt from YW has made once again realize how blessed I am to work with such fine people. I am excited to hear about how God is going to open your eyes this summer. I am also excited to swap stories, as my eyes have been opened to oh so much already!

You are great!