Thursday, January 25, 2007

Painting for a Friend




I was honored and blessed to be commissioned for my first "real" piece of art work. I was asked to make a piece for a friend of mine who was being commissioned into ministry. The piece is based on Psalm 51 and in particular verse 10: "Create in me a pure heart, O God, and renew a steadfast spirit within me."

The words around the heart say "Create in me."




The words around the person say "Renew a steadfast." The person represented is my friend-raising his hands to give his heart to the Lord, as well as to take delight in the Lord.

The yellow in the figure represents the Lord holding and enfolding my friend.

The blue of the sky, the way the colors move and dance throughout the painting represent the Spirit of the Lord. The blue "wave" wrapping around the figure is the Spirit enfolding my friend.















As we cry out to the Lord, He will hear us and have mercy and compassion on us.














The phrases "hidden" throughout are things that he has prayed and asked the Lord for. They are things we should all be praying and asking the Lord for because they are things that only He can do for us.


Lord, thank you for this opportunity to use something that I love to bless one of your beloved and to bring glory to your name.

4 comments:

Anita said...

Well done friend! This is a BEAUTIFUL portrayal of that passage. Know that your gift is a blessing to others...me being one! Love you!

Anita

Unknown said...

Kari,

Nice work. That is a great painting.

Tim

Anonymous said...

Praise Jesus for His good gifts! I am so thankful that the Lord is blessing your efforts, Smith. What a treasure that He is giving you favor in your endeavors. May He continue to use the giftedness He has granted you to glorify Himself, encourage His kids and cause you to delight more fully in Him! I am so thankful for you.

The Moore's said...

Kari-
Great blog i will try to keep up with it and look forward to some more art.