Sunday, September 23, 2007

The Silence Will Soon Surround Me

I am headed off today on my first silent retreat. I am headed to a place called Pacem in Terris that is about an hour from Minneapolis for 2 days alone with God. I have been anxiously awaiting this time and now that it is here I am getting a little bit nervous. With no electricity, city noise, or friends/family I know the next couple days will be very quiet. Life feels a bit out of control right now and there seems to be more questions than answers so I am hoping that the quiet will seep into my heart and my mind and that I would find time to just sit with my Creator.

I keep asking myself what I hope to get out of this time and I want to say Answers...but if I am honest I just hope that I meet the Lord. I hope that I can soak in His presence and spend hours listening for His still small voice. I don't know what the next 2 days will hold but I know that I brought only my Bible, "Ruthless Trust," my journal and my art supplies to fill my time.

Lord, please meet me in these days. Jesus wrap me in your loving embrace and help the cares of the world to melt away as water melts away from a piece of ice sitting in the sun. Father I am going to seek your face and to delight in your beauty and presence. Lord I need you. I want you. Please come and meet with me in that place.

No comments: