Thursday, September 27, 2007

The Birthday


I celebrated my birthday yesterday and what a day it was. For the first time in 2 years I wasn't sick on my big day, which was a nice treat. I received many great e-mails and e-cards, super fun voicemails (some of which included serenading!), a blizzard and great conversation with a friend, a birthday serenade by my preschool kids (hence the birthday crown in the picture above) at church, and a yummy dinner and cake from my sweet roommates (who also, along with another friend and one of my sisters bought me the last 2 seasons I was missing to round out my "Friends" collection). All in all it was a great day and I was so blessed by all the love poured out to me.
The roommate birthday picture.
Tonya, Elisa, Me, Danita


Elisa was so sweet to make me my most favorite cake-Cold Water Chocolate Cake with Egg White Frosting, a recipe from my Grandma Smith. The sad news is that we didn't go straight to grandma for the recipe and because of that accidentally added too much baking soda. The cake didn't taste so good but the frosting was still amazing! So we just ate the frosting off the top. The picture is of me and the frostingless cake.



The video is of my nephew singing me happy birthday. There is nothing to actually look at because we were in the car at night, but you can hear his sweet little voice. (This actually was filmed last spring, so it wasn't on my birthday-although he did leave me a couple birthday messages with singing yesterday-but he inserted my name in the song and it melts my heart everytime I hear it so I had to include it!



Thank You Everyone for the all the Birthday Love!

2 comments:

Anita said...

Happy Birthday friend! Wish I could have been there to celebrate along with you all! Love and miss you like CRAZY!!!

Anita

Harman said...

Sounds like you had a great day. I love the cake story. I can totally see you guys diggin' on the frosting. Our sweet Elisa!