Monday, November 19, 2007

Where are you Lord?


Lord where are you when life takes over?
Where are you in the black of night when I feel as if I am all alone? 
Where are you when I cry out for answers?
Father why can't I find you?
Why do you seem to hide your face?

Why have you turned your back on me...or more appropriately, why have I turned mine?
Where can I go to be in your presence once more?
Why do I give in to this body of flesh?
Why does my pride and jealousy rear it's ugly head when over and over I beat it to the ground?
Why do I feel so alone on this never ending journey?
Why can't I be happy with you, and you alone?

I need a fresh washing of your spirit. I need a taste of your goodness. I need relief from longing unfulfilled. Jesus, help me to throw myself into your arms. Help me to be ok in this waiting room. Help me to trust that someday this wait will be over. That someday I will be with you forever, in a place where hurt and hate and anger and jealousy and pride can't hurt me anymore. In a place where I am completely me, dancing with you for eternity. 

No comments: