Saturday, May 10, 2008

An Amazing Evening




I got to participate in my first bonfire of the season last night. A friend from work invited us all up to his parent's house. They live north of the Twin Cities about 45 minutes and live on a lake. About 20 of us from YouthWorks went up for the evening and had a blast playing volleyball, grilling out, talking, and having a bonfire. 

There are few things that are more relaxing to me than hanging out at a lake with buddies. The evening really reminded me how fortunate I am to work with the people that I do. There were many moments throughout the course of the evening where I forgot that I was with co-workers. It left me a little speechless and feeling so blessed by the fellowship and love that surrounded me. I got home that night (or should I say morning because it was 1 am) and fell into bed with a smile on my face. 

Thank you Lord for showing me your love through the people I spend most of my days with. 

2 comments:

Leah Marie said...

sounds lovely. Hope you are doin well kari!

Anonymous said...

This has nothing to do with the bonfire, but have I mentioned that I LOVE that picture of you on the beach? You're so beautiful!