Thursday, May 01, 2008

Next Steps...

I went to visit MCTC (Minneapolis Community and Technical College) tonight.  Just walking in the door, actually pulling into the parking ramp got me really excited at the prospect of going back to school to study graphic design. I talked to one of the teachers in the Graphic Design department, chatted with an admissions rep and took a campus tour.  The campus, in downtown Minneapolis, is really pretty and fairly new. The college has a great reputation for graphic design, and was even recommended to me by an admissions counselor from a design school. I am thinking about working towards an AA Degree.  

All in all it was a great visit, so great in fact, that I came home and applied online. I am hoping to take a class or 2 starting in the fall. 

This has been a dream of mine for a long time so it is exciting to be taking some actual steps towards it. Thanks to my friends who have pushed me and who haven't let me just continue to talk about this. 

Please continue to be in prayer for me as I begin this process. 

4 comments:

Sara Wang said...

Congratulations, Kari! What an exciting step you're taking. I'm finally taking a look at your blog, and I can't wait to take some time to check out your older posts. See you soon!

Harman said...

Good for you Kari. I'm proud of you for taking this step!

Anonymous said...

that's awesome! Sorry I forgot to ask you about it!

Anonymous said...

So freaking proud of you! I'm so glad I got to hear about this tonight. Way cool.

swandig

p.s. My little security password to type in here is "kfloms." I think that needs to be a nickname for something...I'll be thinking about that...