Monday, May 05, 2008

Indescribable, Lord you are

Indescribable, uncontainable,
You placed the stars in the sky and you know them by name.
You are amazing, God.
All powerful, untamable,
Awestruck we fall to our knees as we humbly proclaim
That you are amazing, God.
Incomparable, Unchangeable,
You see the depths of my heart and You love me the same.
You are amazing, God.


How I love this song. The words of it are so powerful. Thinking about God as indescribable, uncontainable, all powerful, untamable, Incomparable, and unchangeable make Him so huge. So powerful, so mighty. They leave me feeling as if the Lord fills the room with His might and His power. It leaves me feeling humbled that He would care for me, one small person on an earth of billions. It makes me humbled to think that I matter to him. That He loves me and cherishes me more than I will ever know. I sing this song and am often left breathless and overwhelmed by the goodness of the Lord. Goodness that knows no bounds or human limits. Goodness and moves beyond anything that I can fathom. Goodness that is never changing and perfect as it is. I am left feeling as if I don't have the adequate words to express my thanksgiving to a God that "sees the depths of my heart and yet loves me the same."

Father thank you for being a God who is so huge. Thank you for loving and cherishing me the way you do when I am simply me, broken, hurting, imperfect me. Thank you that you have placed within me a little piece of you. A piece of you that is lovely. A piece of you that is worthy. A piece of you that is wonderful. Help me to spread those pieces around to all I meet that others may see you as indescribable, uncontainable, all powerful, untamable, incomparable, and unchangeable. 

1 comment:

Sara Wang said...

What an encouragement to read the words of this song this morning. Such a reminder that we serve a God who is worthy of all that we have. I needed that perspective today.